Every now and then I catch myself being dissatisfied with my situation, even though I have just made a major breakthrough or achieved really great goal that I did not even expect. In those moments I remind myself that the way I feel is directly correlated to my background conversations with myself. They are in the background, so they are not "visible", therefore easy to miss. The first thing I look into is what I am telling myself that is definitely not true, but it seems it is. And it usually is one of those:
- Why do I need to do it? (referring to whatever project I'm working on right now)
- Again that boring work!
- I should be doing something else.
- There are some more exciting things to do.
- I could be lying in bed now!
And it goes and goes, until it becomes boring. Once I identify those conversations, I start feeling much better, and I start telling the truth to myself to put me in touch with reality:
- No one is forcing me to do anything.
- I'm going to that office, because I have chosen to, even though I don't feel like going there now.
- When I train martial arts, I experience similar mental challanges, but I keep going and I get great results in the end.
- I don't know for sure that if I were doing something else I would be more sattisfied right now, and even if I did, it would not last for long.
- The way I feel can be changed right now if I really want to.
Once I get hold of the truth, I choose to experience joy and happiness, which can be done any time, right here and now. Watch my videos on experiencing joy to learn how to do it.
Now that I'm happy and joyous, I start creating conversations that will inspire me right here and right now, e.g.:
- I can be happy right now without any conditions, circumstances etc, so I choose to be happy no matter what.
- Now that I'm happy and fulfilled, I can just be with whatever there is, because life is always like that. It just is, and we can choose to be happy with what is.
- Today I create the possibility of being loving, inspiring and vital, in all circumstances.
It's really east and the power is yours. Just keep practising until it becomes a habit.
If the above does not work, I check my integrity, but I'll tell you about that another time 🙂