- About Kamil
- Make Money
Converting “Go to Webinar” video to MP4 and WMV with Expression Encoder 4
Here’s the description and videos of how to do it step by step – it took me over 20 hours of experimenting before I got it right. Let’s start from the beginning.
- Converting a webinar recording into a video that will play on a website (we’re talking video streaming here).
- Go2webinar videos will not play on a website and cannot be read properly by most video editing software – an error will be generated during video encoding (I have tested Freemake Video Converter, Camtasia, Any Video Converter, Power Director and a few others and they all could not handle G2W video encoding or failed to make a video that would play properly on a website).
- WMV are not the best format for websites – will not be played unless your browser has a plug-in that supports WMV.
- Most video converters (the above mentioned) will not produce MP4 optimized for streaming
- The webinar video converted into MP4 file encoded with H264 and optimized for websites (MPEG 4 codec can also be used, but H264 is much better).
- Import Go2webinar recording into Expression Encoder 4 (that’s the version I tested).
- Encode it into MP4 (if you have the full version) and you’re done, or encode into WMV (if you have the free version).
- Encode the WMV video into MP4 using AVS video converter or any other software.
- Do step 1 and 2 above.
- Upload to YouTube or another service that converts videos, and then download the file they create or embed it in your website. The problem is that YouTube does not allow videos longer than 15 minutes, unless you have a “special” account.
- Using the right settings for conversion.
- Finding a program that will produce MP4 that will play correctly on a website. Most of the programs that I tested failed this test – they produced a video that only played when almost fully downloaded from the website- that defeats the whole conveniece of having the video online – if it’s a large video you need to wait for too long to download the video and you even don’t know if this will work until it starts playing, which can take a long time.
- Putting it all together the way that serves your purpose
Watch the videos for step by step tutorial with the explanation of all the relevant settings:
If you have any questions or comments, leave them below. Also, you can join my FaceBook fan page.
To our success